On this day

On this day

The West-Siberian Branch (at present Omsk Regional Department) of the Russian Geographical Society established

12 July 1877

June 30 (July 12) 1877, on the initiative of the Governor General of Western Siberia N. G. Kaznakov, in Omsk on the basis of the Society for the Study of the Siberian region was formed the West Siberian Branch of the Imperial Russian Geographical Society (WSB IRGO), renamed in Soviet times into the Omsk Department, and in 1993 - into the Omsk Regional Department of the Russian Geographical Society.