The Presidential Library provides a conference on the promotion of national cultural heritage in the electronic environment
On May 23, 2023 at 10:00 a scientific and practical conference will be held at the Presidential Library. It will consider the promotion of the national cultural heritage in the electronic environment. The event will be held as part of the implementation of the state policy to preserve and strengthen traditional Russian spiritual and moral values. On November 9, 2022 the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation "On Approval of the Fundamentals of State Policy for the Preservation and Strengthening of Traditional Russian Spiritual and Moral Values" was issued.
The purpose of the conference is to discuss the methodology and results of the research to promote the national heritage in the electronic environment, study and generalize the experience of libraries and determine ways to preserve and strengthen traditional Russian spiritual and moral values, given the importance of the task of combining efforts to strengthen the ideas of statehood and citizenship in the public mind and patriotism as the foundations of the national self-identification of Russians.
The following topics will be discussed:
– Libraries and spiritual culture of the nation;
– Libraries as an ideological space, a social institution in the electronic environment;
– Digital cultural heritage in a single electronic knowledge space: basic concepts and development models;
– Innovative experience of libraries in promoting regional cultural heritage;
- "Digital Humanities": new technologies in the presentation of cultural national heritage in the electronic environment.
In addition to the plenary session, the following sections are planned within the framework of the conference:
– “Projects of Russian libraries to promote the national heritage in the electronic environment, in order to preserve and strengthen traditional Russian spiritual and moral values”;
– “Family and Historical Memory in the Digital Age”;
– “Libraries and tourism: points of contact in the digital space”;
– Expert session “Issues of improving the processes of acquisition, presentation and promotion of library collections in the context of information support for the activities of state bodies of the Russian Federation”.
Researchers, librarians, teachers, graduate students, employees of other cultural institutions, heads and employees of state and municipal bodies and institutions, public organizations are invited to participate in the conference.
Electronic registration of participants of the scientific and practical conference is available on the Presidential Library’s portal: https://www.prlib.ru/conference/
Applications for participation in the conference can be sent at email@example.com no later than April 28, 2023. Applications for participation as listeners are accepted until May 17, 2023.
Participation in the conference is free. Remote participation via video conferencing is possible.
As a result of the event, a collection of research papers, included in the Russian Science Citation Index (RSCI), will be published.