On October 26, 2023 at 9:30 the Presidential Library will host a round table "Russian language in the CIS countries: the potential for cooperation in culture, science and education". The event will be held within the framework of the international conference "Russian language - the basis of the integration dialogue in the in the CIS region" which will run within two days – October 26-27.
The year 2023, by decision of the Council of Heads of State of the CIS, has been declared the Year of the Russian language as the language of interethnic communication in the Commonwealth of Independent States. The international conference "Russian language - the basis of the integration dialogue in the CIS region" will be the central event dedicated to this topic in terms of the work of the Inter-Parliamentary Assembly of the CIS Member States.
The round table is organized by the Presidential Library and the Inter-Parliamentary Assembly of States - Members of the Commonwealth of Independent States.
The purpose of the event is to reveal the potential of the Russian language in the CIS countries for cooperation in culture, science and education.
During the round table the following reports will be given:
- The role of the Russian language in the education and development of library users; - Russian language – as the basis of cultural, scientific and educational interaction between the CIS countries;
- “Russian space”: problems and promising development formats in the CIS countries;
- The position of the Russian language in the CIS in the light of the “Index of Stability of the Russian Language in the Countries of the Post-Soviet Space”;
- Research of the current state and conditions for the promotion of the Russian language in various educational systems of foreign countries;
- About the difficulties in promoting the Russian language in the countries of Central Asia;
- Joint educational programs of higher education as a tool for training highly qualified personnel for the modern labor market and a way to increase the potential of international humanitarian cooperation;
- Scientific and educational projects of the Pushkin State Institute of Russian Language in the CIS countries and others.
Representatives of libraries, educational and scientific institutions, cultural institutions, government organizations and public associations will join the round table.
It is possible to participate remotely in the round table via video link.
Current information about the event is published on the Presidential Library portal in the “Conferences” section https://www.prlib.ru/conference.
Pavel Ivanovich Dzygivsky, tel.: (812) 305-16-21 (ext. 239), firstname.lastname@example.org;
Stanislav Leonidovich Alekseev, tel.: (812) 305-16-21 (ext. 258), email@example.com
We will be glad to see you among the participants of the round table!
Accreditation of media representatives is until 12:00 October 25, 2023
The letter should contain the full name, date and place of birth, passport data (series, number, place of registration), a list of carry-on equipment, contact phone numbers, the name of the media.
We draw the attention of the media representatives that it is necessary to forward applications for accreditation and arrive at the event in advance.
Entrance to the Presidential Library is carried out only by prior registration and upon showing a passport: for media representatives - through entrance № 2, participants and guests of the event - through entrance № 1.
In order to reduce the risks of the spread of a new coronavirus infection (COVID-19), the use of personal protective equipment during the event is mandatory for all attendees.