View from beyond the Dnieper to the Andrew's Hill

×

Warning message

This translation was drafted automatically.
Описание
       
View from beyond the Dnieper to the Andreevsky mountain [Izomaterial] = Vue prise du Dnjéper = Blick vom Dnjepr aus: species photo. - [beg. XX century.]. - Phototype; 12x18; 9.6 × 15.9. - (Kiiv - Souvenir de Kieff). - The image is horizontal. - View of St. Andrew's Hill from Trukhanova Island. In the foreground there is a steamship "Ratmir", sailing along the Dnieper. Background: the embankment and buildings on the Alexandrovsky Descent. In the far right - St. Andrew's Church .
1. Steamship "Ratmir" (Kiev province) - beg. 20 cent. -- Photo. 2. Territory of Russia (collection). 3. Kiev - the beginning. 20 cent. - Species photo. 4. Andreevskaya mountain (Kiev, city) - History - early. 20 cent. -- Photo. 5. Dnepr, river (Europe Eastern) - Swimming pool - beg. 20 cent. -- Photo. 6. Photos are documentary.
1. the river. 2. city. 3. Phototype. 4. Mountain. 5. The ship
BBK 85.163 (4Ukr-2Kyiv)
ББК 63.3 (28-8Кие-2Киев) 53я61
ББК 39.42г (4Укр-2Киев) я61
St. Andrew's Hill is an elevation on the right bank of the Dnieper, a place where, according to legend, the Apostle Andrew the First-named foretold Kiev a great future as the cradle of Christianity in the Slavic lands. It is assumed that here was the oldest settlement, which is connected with the city of the Polansky prince Kiya, whose name, according to legend, is Kiev. In the XVIII century. on the slopes of the mountain was located Pharmacy Garden. In the years 1749-1754. Andreevskaya church was erected on the Andreevskaya hill under the project of FB Rastrelli. St. Andrew's Church was founded in 1744 to commemorate the arrival of Empress Elizaveta Petrovna in Kiev. It was built during 1749-1754. It was built in Baroque style according to the project of FB Rastrelli. Construction was led by architect I. Michurin. The church is now in force. Used for worship by the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church.
Source of electronic copy: National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine
Location of original material: National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine
Объект в каталогах
Share content in social networks: