The Imperial Alexandrovskaya Gymnasium [Izomaterial] = Gymnase Impériale d'Alexandred: species photography. - Kiiv, [the beginning. XX century.]. - Phototype; 19.5x28; 13,9x19,5. - (Views of Kiev). - From the photograph of Gudshaon and Gubchev. - The image is horizontal. - View of the building of the gymnasium from the side of Bibikovsky Boulevard (now - Shevchenko Boulevard)
1. Kiev Alexandrovskaya Men's Gymnasium - Photographs. 2. Kyiv National University. Taras Shevchenko - Building - Photographs. 3. Territory of Russia (collection). 4. Architectural photographs.
The building was built in the style of late classicism in 1850-1852. by the architect A. Beretti. First there was the Cadet Corps, and from 1857 - the First Kiev Gymnasium, where such famous figures of Russian history as M. Bulgakov, K. Paustovsky, Academicians E. Tarle, A. Bogomolets, singer A. Vertinsky, People's Commissar of Education A Lunacharsky, etc. The facade of the building is decorated with memorial plaques for many teachers and graduates of the gymnasium. Some episodes of the Civil War in Kiev, which took place within the walls of this building, are described in the novel "The White Guard" and the play "Days of the Turbins" by M. Bulgakov. At present it is the humanitarian building of Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University.
Source of electronic copy: National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine Location of original material: National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine