Institute of Noble Ladies [Izomaterial] = Jnstitut de demoiselles nobles = Erziehungsinstitut für adlige fräulein: species photography. - [beg. XX century.]. - Phototype; 12x18; 9.6 × 15.9. - (Kiiv - Souvenir de Kieff). - The image is horizontal. - View of the rear facade of the building of the Institute of Noble Maidens from Aleksandrovskaya Street (now M. Hrushevsky Street)
1. International Center of Culture and Arts (Kiev, city (Ukraine)) - History - early. 20 cent. -- Photo. 2. Territory of Russia (collection). 3. Kiev - the beginning. 20 cent. - Species photo. 4. Photos are documentary.
The Institute of Noble Maidens was founded in Kiev in 1838 as a closed educational institution for daughters of impoverished nobles, a little later - honorary citizens, merchants of the first guild. It was originally located in a private building, but in the same year, under the project of architect V. Beretti, a huge building was built for the institute in the style of classicism, the construction of which lasted until 1842. During the Great Patriotic War, it was badly damaged. After the war the building was restored. Now this is the International Center for Culture and Arts.
Source of electronic copy: National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine Location of original material: National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine