Kiev. General view of the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra [Izomaterial]: species photography. - Kiev: Lighting by S. V. Kulzhenko, [beg. XX century.]. - Lighting (phototype); 15,3x23,5; 11,2х16. - Reference data are established on the edition: Kiev Kulzhenkiv = Kiev Kulzhenko: Photo Album / Victoria Velichko. - К .: Sidorenko VB, 2010. - Below the right is the signature: Svetotechat S.V. Kulzhenko. Kiev. - View of the Lavra from the south-west side with the dominant buildings of the Great Laura Belltower, the Assumption Cathedral, the Refectory Church and other buildings. - Nested in the folder with zagl. "Views of Kiev" with 11 other species photos. - Horizontal image
1. Territory of Russia (collection). 2. Kiev, city (Ukraine) - beginning. 20 cent. - Species photos.
1. Monastery. 2. city. 3. phototype
ББК 63.3 (4Укр-2Киев) 5
View of the Upper Lavra from the south-west side. The Kiev-Pechersky Monastery, founded by monks Anthony and Theodosius, was first mentioned in the chronicle "The Tale of Bygone Years" under 1051. At about the same time, it becomes the center of the spread of Christianity in Russia. In the years 1073-1078. was built the cathedral church of the monastery - Assumption, 1106-1108. - Trinity Gate Church, and in 1108 - the refectory. At the end of the ХVІІ-beginning of the ХVІІІ century. formed a laurel ensemble in the style of the Ukrainian Baroque. Significant construction on the territory of the Lavra was carried out and at the end of the nineteenth century. Today on the Upper territory is the National Kiev-Pechersky Historical and Cultural Reserve. On the territory of the lower Lavra - a functioning monastery.
Source of electronic copy: National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine Location of original material: National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine