Кіево-Печерская Лавра [Izomaterial] = Couvent Petschory: species photography. - Stockholm: Shareholder. Granberg Island, [the beginning. XX century.]. - Phototype; 12x18; 8,7x13,6. - Nested in the folder with zagl. "Кіев - Кіеv" with 23 other species photos. - The image is horizontal. - In the foreground - the hull of the lower Lavra, the Kovnirov Bell Tower in the Middle Caves. In the background are the dominant buildings of the Great Laura Belltower, the Assumption Cathedral, to the right - the monastery printing house and other buildings of the upper territory
1. Kiev-Pechersk Lavra - the beginning. 20 cent. -- Photo. 2. Territory of Russia (collection). 3. Kiev - the beginning. 20 cent. - Species photo. 4. Photos are documentary.
1. Monastery. 2. city. 3. phototype
ББК 86.372 (4Укр-2Киев) 53я61 ББК 85.163 (4Укр)
The Kiev-Pechersky Monastery, founded by the monks Anthony and Theodosius, was first mentioned in the chronicle "The Tale of Bygone Years" under 1051. At about the same time, it becomes the center of the spread of Christianity in Russia. In the years 1073-1078. was built the cathedral church of the monastery - the Assumption, in 1106-1108. - Trinity Gate Church, and in 1108 - the refectory. At the end of the ХVІІ - the beginning of the ХVІІІ century. formed a laurel ensemble in the style of the Ukrainian Baroque. Significant construction on the territory of the Lavra was carried out and at the end of the nineteenth century. Today, on the upper territory is the National Kiev-Pechersky Historical and Cultural Reserve. On the territory of the lower Lavra - a functioning monastery.
Source of electronic copy: National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine Location of original material: National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine