Church of St. Nicholas [Izomaterial] = Eglise catholique de St. Nicolas Nicolas: species photography. - Kiiv, [the beginning. XX century.]. - Phototype; 28x19.5; 19.5 13.13. - (Views of Kiev). - From the photograph of Gudshaon and Gubchev. - The image is vertical. - View of the main facade of the Nikolaevsky church
1. Church of St. Nicholas (Kiev, city, Ukraine) - Photographs. 2. Territory of Russia (collection). 3. Architectural photographs.
The solemn laying of the church took place in August 1899 in memory of the stay of Emperor Nicholas II in Kiev. The temple was erected for 10 years by donations from private individuals. The author of the project is architect S. V. Valovsky. The development and construction of the building was carried out under the guidance of the famous Kiev architect V. Gorodetsky. The church, built in stylized gothic forms with high lancet towers and spiers, is characterized by slender proportions, lightness, clarity of the composition structure. Since 1980, the Mykolaivsky church began to function as a concert hall of the House of Organ and Chamber Music. Since 1992, the church regularly held divine services, alternating with concerts of organ music.
Source of electronic copy: National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine Location of original material: National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine