General view of the Caves and Pechersk Lavra [Izomaterial] = Le couvent Lavra = Lawrakloster: species photography. - [beg. XX century.]. - Phototype; 12x18; 9.6 × 15.9. - (Kiiv - Souvenir de Kieff). - The image is horizontal. - View of the Lavra from the south-west side with the dominant buildings of the Great Laura Belltower, the Assumption Cathedral, the Refectory Church and other buildings
1. Kiev-Pechersk Lavra (Kiev, city (Ukraine)) - History - early. 20 cent. -- Photo. 2. Territory of Russia (collection). 3. Kiev - the beginning. 20 cent. - Species photo. 4. Photos are documentary.
The Kiev-Pechersky Monastery, founded by monks Anthony and Theodosius, was first mentioned in the chronicle "The Tale of Bygone Years" under 1051. At about the same time, it becomes the center of the spread of Christianity in Russia. In the years 1073-1078. was built the cathedral church of the monastery - Assumption, 1106-1108. - Trinity Gate Church, and in 1108 - the refectory. At the end of the ХVІІ - the beginning of the ХVІІІ century. formed a laurel ensemble in the style of the Ukrainian Baroque. Significant construction on the territory of the Lavra was carried out and at the end of the nineteenth century. Today on the Upper territory there is the National Kiev-Pechersky Historical and Cultural Reserve with a number of operating municipal museums. On the territory of the Lower Lavra - a functioning monastery.
Source of electronic copy: National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine Location of original material: National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine