The Pedagogical Museum of the Tsarevich Alexei. rus
The Pedagogical Museum of the Cesarevitch Alexei [Izomaterial] = Musée pédagogique de Césaréwitch Alexis: species photography. - Kiiv, [the beginning. XX century.]. - Phototype; 19.5x28; 13,8x19,5. - (Views of Kiev). - From the photograph of Gudshaon and Gubchev. - The image is horizontal. - View of the facade of the museum from Vladimirskaya street
1. Kiev Pedagogical Museum - Building - Photographs. 2. Territory of Russia (collection). 3. Architectural photographs.
The building of the Pedagogical Museum. Tsarevich Alexis was built in 1911 in the style of neoclassicism, designed by the architect P. Aleshin, with the funds of the well-known patron of the merchant S. Mogilevtsev. The walls of the building are faced with white Inkerman stone, the facade frieze of 100 m long is decorated with bas-reliefs on the history of enlightenment. The Pedagogical Museum lasted until the October Revolution. In the years 1917-1918. in its premises there were meetings of the Central Rada - the government of the Ukrainian People's Republic. Currently, the Kiev City Teacher's House and the Pedagogical Museum are located here.
Source of electronic copy: National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine Location of original material: National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine