Alexander II purchased the estate of Livadia from the heirs of Count L. S. Pototsky in 1860. The main attraction of Livadia is the Livadia Palace — the former residence of Russian emperors. An architect N. P. Krasnov has built white Palace in 1911 by. After the October Revolution, the first sanatorium for farmworkers was opened in the palace. During the Great Patriotic War, the building was severely damaged. In February 1945, the Yalta (Crimean) Conference began its work in the Great Hall of the Livadia Palace. The United States delegation headed by the President of the United States Franklin D. Roosevelt remained in the palace during the conference. Currently, the palace halls accommodate the premises of a museum.
Share content in social networks: