Suuksu / Suuk-Su

Suuksu / Suuk-Su

In 1897 a prominent railway engineer-bridge-builder V. Berezin and his wife O. Solovyeva purchased a plot of land in the Suuk-Su area (lit. cold water) in the hope of establishing a profitable resort here. The grand opening of the resort, which is consisted of an entire complex of buildings for the guests (an architect — N. P. Krasnov), was held in 1903. Intellectual elite and noble people come in Suuk-Su for vacations. Nicholas II visited the resort in 1914. After the October Revolution, Suuk-Su was nationalized, sanatorium VTsIK (the All-Russian Central Executive Committee) was organized on its base. In 1936 it was reassigned to Artek and became part of the children’s recreation and health center.

Pages

Share content in social networks: