The icon "Volgograd" [1]

×

Warning message

This translation was drafted automatically.
Автор
Описание
     
Icon "Volgograd" [1]: [photo] / photographer A. Melentiev. - Electronic data (1 file: 1.4 MB). - St. Petersburg: Boris Yeltsin Presidential Library, 2015. -
Access mode: the Internet portal of the Boris Yeltsin Presidential Library.
The title is based on the analysis of the object.
Copying by users is not is allowed.
On the photo: a souvenir badge "Volgograd". Icon rectangular in the left part - an image of the fragment of the bas-relief of the monument "58 days on fire", on the right - a composition of symbolic images of the Volgograd railway station, the Volga River and bridges over it, and also lanterns. At the bottom edge of the icon on the red background is the inscription: "Volgograd". Yellow metal. Red, blue and black enamels. Stamping. The size is 14x31 mm. Pin fastening. On the reverse side - the brand of the manufacturer: Volgograd Experimental Plant "Souvenir". Location: From a private collection. - On the souvenir badge "Volgograd" is depicted a fragment of the memorable bas-relief "58 days in the fire", installed near the famous house of Pavlov. Twenty-four warriors of nine nationalities, under the command of Sergeant Pavlov, defended themselves steadfastly in a fortified house, repulsing furious attacks of the enemy and holding the house for 58 days before the Soviet counter-offensive began in the Battle of Stalingrad. The feat of the defenders of Pavlov's house is immortalized by a memorial stela on the end wall of the house from the side of the square. The top of the left shows the soldier's head - the collective image of the defenders of the house, to the right - the inscription: 58 days on fire. Below - a relief image of episodes of circular defense and an inscription, which lists the names of those who defended the house. Pavlov's house became a symbol of soldier's glory, selfless devotion to the Motherland. The icon also shows the image of the railway station - the visiting card of Volgograd. During the fierce fighting in the days of the Battle of Stalingrad, the wooden building of the station was destroyed. In the years 1951-1954. under the project of architects A. V. Kurovsky and S. 3. Briskin, design engineer A. F. Kadilnikov, a new station building was built, it forms the Railway station square and is the final accent of the suite of squares from the embankment of the Volga and the entire central part of the hero city. In 1997 the building of the Volgograd railway station was recognized as an architectural monument .
I. Melentiev, Alexei Mikhailovich (1958-). II. Presidential Library. B. N. Yeltsin (St. Petersburg). III. "Souvenir", Volgograd pilot plant. The people (the collection). 2. Memory of the Great Victory (collection). 3. Territory (collection). 4. Territory of Russia: Volgograd Region (collection). 5. Volgograd region: pages of history (collection). 6. The Great Patriotic War - Perpetuation of Memory - Volgograd Region - 1941 - 1945 - Badges. 7. Volgograd, the city - Badges. 8. Souvenir badges - the USSR.
ББК 63.3 (2Рос-4Вог) 633-7ю9
Source of electronic copy: PB
Place of origin: From private collection
Издательство Президентская библиотека имени Б. Н. Ельцина
Объект в каталогах
Share content in social networks: