Icon "Minsk. [Mound of Glory]"

Author
Description
     
Icon "Minsk. [Mound of Glory]": [photo] / photographer A. Melentiev. - Electronic data (1 file: 1 MB). - St. Petersburg: Boris Yeltsin Presidential Library, 2015. -
Access mode: the Internet portal of the Boris Yeltsin Presidential Library.
The title is based on the analysis of the object.
Copying by users is not is allowed.
On the photo: souvenir badge "Minsk. [Mound of Glory]". The icon is a composition from the Red Banner and the shield. In the center of the shield is a relief symbolic image of a commemorative obelisk on the Mound of Glory in Belarus. In the lower part there is the inscription: "Minsk". Yellow metal. Stamping. Red enamel. The size is 20x18 mm. Pin fastening. On the reverse side - brand of the manufacturer: Poltava experimental plant "Dynamo", price 15 kopeks. Location: From a private collection. - A souvenir badge is dedicated to the memorial complex "Kurgan of Glory", located in Smolevichi district of the Minsk region. In these places in July 1944, during the largest offensive operation "Bagration", a 105-thousand group of Hitler's troops was surrounded. The position of the German troops was called the "Minsk Kettle". The offensive operation Bagration was conducted by the forces of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd Byelorussian and 1st Baltic fronts with the participation of partisans, began on June 23, 1944 and ended August 29 with the liberation of the Byelorussian SSR, part of the Lithuanian SSR and Poland. In memory of the heroism of Soviet soldiers and officers, in honor of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War, the leadership of Belarus on August 18, 1966 adopted a resolution on the construction of a monumental and sculptural composition "The Hill of Glory". Authors of the project - sculptors A. Bembel and A. Artimovich, architects O. Stakhovich and L. Mickiewicz, engineer B. Laptsevich. The opening of the memorial complex was held in 1969. The total height of the memorial is 70.6 meters. The 35 m high hill is crowned by a sculptural composition of four bayonets tiled with a height of 35.6 meters each. Bayonets symbolize the 1 st, 2 nd, 3 rd Belorussian and 1 st Baltic fronts, which liberated Belarus. Their base encircles the ring with bas-relief images of Soviet soldiers and partisans. On the inner side of the ring, made in the technique of mosaic, the text "Army of the Soviet Army, the Liberation Army - Glory!" Is repulsed. In addition, the base of the obelisk is decorated with images of the Order of the Patriotic War and Glory. From the foot of the mound, encircling it, two concrete staircases lead to the monument, each of which has 241 steps .
I. Melentiev, Alexei Mikhailovich (1958-). II. Presidential Library. B. N. Yeltsin (St. Petersburg). III. "Dynamo", an experimental plant (Poltava, Ukraine) .1. The people (the collection). 2. Memory of the Great Victory (collection). 3. Territory (collection). 4. Mound of Glory, a memorial complex (Minsk region, Belarus) - Badges. 5. Souvenir badges - the USSR.
BBC 63.3 (2) 633-7y9
BBK 63.3 (4Bei-4Min) 62-7yu
BBK 85.136.155yu9
Source of electronic copy: PB
Place of origin: From private collection
Publisher Президентская библиотека имени Б. Н. Ельцина
Catalogue object
Collections
Share content in social networks: