Badge "Odessa Belt of Glory"

Author
Description
     
Badge "Odessa Belt of Glory": [photo] / photographer A. Melentiev. - Electronic data (1 file: 1.5 MB). - St. Petersburg: Boris Yeltsin Presidential Library, 2015. -
Access mode: the Internet portal of the Boris Yeltsin Presidential Library.
The title is based on the analysis of the object.
Copying by users is not
In the photo: souvenir badge "Odessa Belt of Glory". The icon in the form of a circle inscribed in a five-pointed star, in the center - a symbolic image of the monument to the Grigoryevsky landing, at the bottom of the inscription: "Odessa" and the frame of laurel branches. In the upper part of the inscription in a circle: "Belt of Glory." Yellow metal. Stamping. Green enamel. The size is 29x29 mm. Pin fastening. On the reverse side there is an inscription: "Grigoryevka village", brand of the manufacturer: workshop "Odessa jeweler", price 18 kopeks. Location: From a private collection. - On the souvenir badge "Odessa Belt of Glory" there is a monument to the Grigorievsky landing, installed in the village of Grigorievka in the Kominternovsky district - the silhouette of a sailor with a grenade in his hand, through which the blue of the sea is visible, and a number of flowers on the graves of heroes who died for Odessa. The monument is part of the Odessa Belt of Glory, which is a chain around the city of 11 monuments erected in 1964-1967 on the former frontiers of Odessa's heroic defense along a 60-kilometer arc. Heroic defense of Odessa lasted 73 days and became an example of the collective heroism of city defenders. During the war, Odessa became the first city where the enemy was permanently stopped and suffered serious losses. On the night of September 22, 1941, an operation of Soviet troops began, which went down in history as the "Grigorievsky landing". In the area of ​​the village of Grigorievka landing was landed, arrived on the ships of the Black Sea Fleet from Sevastopol. The paratroopers marched 10 km to the Old Dofinovka, while parts of the Primorye Army struck Kryzhanovka in the direction of Sverdlovo. Two Romanian divisions were defeated, the enemy was dropped by 5-8 km and lost the possibility of shelling the city. May 1, 1945 in the order of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief Odessa was first named the Hero City. Officially, the title of "Hero City" Odessa was awarded in 1965 .
I. Melentiev, Alexei Mikhailovich (1958-). II. Presidential Library. B. N. Yeltsin (St. Petersburg). III. "Odessa Jeweler", workshop. The people (the collection). 2. Memory of the Great Victory (collection). 3. Territory (collection). 4. Odessa, city (Ukraine) - Defense - 1941 - Badges. 5. Souvenir badges - the USSR.
ББК 63.3 (4Укр-4Оде) 633-7ю9
ББК 85.136.155ю9
Source of electronic copy: PB
Place of origin: From private collection
Publisher Президентская библиотека имени Б. Н. Ельцина
Catalogue object
Collections
Share content in social networks: