View on Podol and Frolovskiy monastery

×

Warning message

This translation was drafted automatically.
Описание
       
View on Podol and Frolovskiy monastery [Izomaterial] = Vue sur Podole = Blick auf Podol und das Florowski Kloster: species photography. - [beg. XX century.]. - Phototype; 12x18; 9,8х16. - (Kiiv - Souvenir de Kieff). - The image is horizontal. - The perspective of Podol, in particular the Frolovsky Monastery and the Kontraktova Square, from the Andreevsky Mountains .
1. Territory of Russia (collection). 2. Kiev - early. 20 cent. - Species photo. 3. Podolsky district (Kiev, city) - History - early. 20 cent. -- Photo. 4. Photos are documentary.
1. city. 2. phototype. 3. district. 4. Monastery
ББК 85.163 (4Укр-2Киев)
ББК 63.3 (28-8Кие-2Киев) 53я61
Podil is a historical district of Kiev, one of the oldest in the city. Located on the right bank lowland, between the mouth of the now defunct river. Pochayna and slopes Starokievsky, Castle Hill, as well as the mountains of Horevitsa and Schekavitsa. The first settlements on Podol belong to the beginning of our era. In the times of Kievan Rus was the trade and craft center of the city. In the middle of the 13th c. actually becomes the main area of ​​Kiev. From the fifteenth to the nineteenth century. here were the Magistrate, the Kiev Brotherhood, the Kiev Academy, etc. Since 1797 on Podol held annual contract fairs. After the fire of 1811, new streets were laid, which were mostly preserved to the present day. Today Podol is one of the most developed industrial districts of the city. The Holy Ascension Frolovsky convent has been known since the 16th century. All its buildings were wooden and burned many times. After the devastating fire of 1811, the restoration of the monastery was led by the architect A. Melensky. All the buildings of the monastery are mostly built in the style of Russian classicism. Until 1917 there were 5 stone churches in the monastery: the Ascension Cathedral (built in 1722-1732), the Resurrection, Kazan, the Refectory and the cemetery Holy Trinity (built in the XIX century). Now all the churches (except the destroyed Holy Trinity) are returned to the monastery. As in olden times, Frolovsky monastery is self-contained (located on its content).
Source of electronic copy: National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine
Location of original material: National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine
Объект в каталогах
Share content in social networks: