The Alexander Column - the highest column in the world made of solid stone - was installed in the center of the Palace Square in St. Petersburg in 1834 designed by the architect Montferrand. The collection timed to the jubilee includes memories of the celebration event on August 30 (September 11), 1834, descriptions and images of the monument in different historical periods.
Collection, developed jointly by the Presidential Library and the State Russian Museum, is dedicated to the G-20 summit in Russia. The collection includes general research on the history of Russian avant-garde, exhibition catalogs and albums covering this art phenomenon, works on some of its representatives. Of particular interest are materials that characterize the spirit of the age. Among them there are newsreels showing Petrograd in the first quarter of the 20th century, rare postcards depicting mass celebrations decoration in the avant-garde style, autobiographic text of V. V. Kandinsky (1918) and the libretto of the opera "Victory over the Sun" by A. Kruchenykh ( 1913).