- The compilation includes guides to memorable places and attractions, reference materials, statistics, graphic materials, descriptions and art-historical surveys of the city from its inception to the early 20th century. Besides, there are two city charters – a historical one, of the era of Paul I (1798) and the modern, currently in force (1998).
- Collection, developed jointly by the Presidential Library and the State Russian Museum, is dedicated to the G-20 summit in Russia. The collection includes general research on the history of Russian avant-garde, exhibition catalogs and albums covering this art phenomenon, works on some of its representatives. Of particular interest are materials that characterize the spirit of the age. Among them there are newsreels showing Petrograd in the first quarter of the 20th century, rare postcards depicting mass celebrations decoration in the avant-garde style, autobiographic text of V. V. Kandinsky (1918) and the libretto of the opera "Victory over the Sun" by A. Kruchenykh ( 1913).
- The collection of photography features the images of selected memorials and monuments on the territory of St. Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast in commemoration of the heroes and the victims of the Great Patriotic War. An array of memorial structures at the line of resistance of the Leningrad Defense and Strategic Offensive of 1941-1944 years - the Green Belt of Glory – created in 1965-1968 years, as well as a sequence of memorial compositions along the Petersburg-Morye Highway, following an overland extent of the Road of Life in the Vsevolozhsk District of St. Petersburg, are of particular significance.
- The Alexander Column - the highest column in the world made of solid stone - was installed in the center of the Palace Square in St. Petersburg in 1834 designed by the architect Montferrand. The collection timed to the jubilee includes memories of the celebration event on August 30 (September 11), 1834, descriptions and images of the monument in different historical periods.
- Designed by Peter I for the marine protection of Petersburg, Kronstadt has repeatedly carried out its mission. The proposed collection consists mainly of archival documents on the issues of construction and on the development of certain aspects of the port city in the late 18th - early 20th centuries.
- The collection includes some sets of visual materials about the history and present of the Pavlovsk Palace and park: postcards of pre-revolutionary and Soviet periods; photos reflecting the reconstruction of the palace and park ensemble in the postwar period; photo album featuring international festival of flower and landscape art.
- The collection dedicated to the 110th anniversary of the launch of the first electric tram in St. Petersburg includes plans, drawings, archival materials, newspaper articles covering the history of the development of the tramway in St. Petersburg, the technical arrangement of wagons, parks and tracks, the participation of tram workers in the strike movement, functioning of the tram in besieged Leningrad; photographs depicting the expositions of the Museum of Urban Electric Transport are also presented.
- The collection, timed to coincide with the 300th anniversary of Nevsky Prospekt (Nevsky Avenue), features the Law of October 2 (13), 1718 “On fees for the use of the newly built road leading to the Nevsky Monastery for the maintenance of that road...” - one of the first written records of the thoroughfare; publications, archival papers and maps, which cast light on the history of the building along Nevsky Prospekt and improvements made in the 18th – 20th centuries; postcards and photographs, which show the sights of the avenue, and revolutionary events it witnessed in 1917.
- The collection, built up ahead of the 100th anniversary of the foundation of Saint-Petersburg State University of Culture includes unique archival and visual materials, provided by the educational institution, which cast light on the history of its long-standing effective work of training specialists in the field of culture and arts.
Share content in social networks: