The city is located on the southern coast of the Crimea. The first mention of Alupka refers to 960. In the XIV — the XV centuries a stronghold of Genoese called Lupika was in Alupka. In 1475—1774 years belongs to Ottoman sultans as their Crown property. In 1783, the city came into possession of G. A. Potemkin. In 1823 — came into possession of M. S. Vorontsov.
Share content in social networks: